Welcome!

Hi there,

Welcome to my blog. My hope is that a look into someone else's home might be able to encourage you not to feel so lonely inside your own. We are all connected. We would be even more connected if we thought outside the physical realm and allowed ourselves to be healed spiritually. That’s where you’ll find the true strength to carry on! Here is a link on how to do that: http://www.licoc.org/Gospel/Gospel.htm

Friday, July 31, 2009

Friendship

Today is July 31,2009 4:26 p.m., my hope is I always remember this moment...

Friendship is co-operative and supportive behavior between two or more people. In this sense, the term connotes a relationship which involves mutual knowledge, esteem, and affection and respect along with a degree of rendering service to friends in times of need or crisis. Friends will welcome each other's company and exhibit loyalty towards each other, often to the point of altruism. Their tastes will usually be similar and may converge, and they will share enjoyable activities. They will also engage in mutually helping behavior, such as exchange of advice and the sharing of hardship. A friend is someone who may often demonstrate reciprocating and reflective behaviors. Yet for many, friendship is nothing more than the trust that someone or something will not harm them.

Value that is found in friendships is often the result of a friend demonstrating the following on a consistent basis:

the tendency to desire what is best for the other,
sympathy and empathy,
honesty, perhaps in situations where it may be difficult for others to speak the truth, especially in terms of pointing out the perceived faults of one's counterpart,
mutual understanding.

(*The above copyrighted material was taken from wipkedia.org when researching the word friendship. I have no claim on this material. The soul purpose of reproducing it here is for informative purposes only.)

My thoughts:
Many of us are so busy looking for friendship in all the wrong places that we fail to realize the true meaning of friendship is love. The Lord allowed us to have friendship to strengthen us. Often times we fail at it because we fail to remember that we ourselves need to be consistent, we are ourselves need to be reliable and we ourselves need to reciprocate. Then and only then will we partake in the joy of friendship, the peace that it brings in the storms the symbol it stands for as a reflection of God's love. I have to say I am so blessed to have experienced real relationships. Ones that have spurred me, have lifted me high. I’d like to take this moment to honor those individuals and be grateful I have them, because not everyone is even fortunate enough to know something so awesome. I hope to look back on this blog entry and be thankful, be appreciative and be satisfied with what we have. Especially on the days where the physical pain is trying to convince me I am isolated and a lone. Not only do I have amazing friends that stand by me when times are good but more importantly they don't mind walking in my rain, they welcome being by my side during my storm, and I must say the same concerning theirs. And so for that I am very thankful. Thank you Lord.

1.Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times....
1 Samuel 18:3 And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself
1 John 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate your post. I think sometimes we need reminders on what real friendship is the way God intended. Thanks for the reminder.

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself....A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. -David Herbert Lawrence