Welcome!

Hi there,

Welcome to my blog. My hope is that a look into someone else's home might be able to encourage you not to feel so lonely inside your own. We are all connected. We would be even more connected if we thought outside the physical realm and allowed ourselves to be healed spiritually. That’s where you’ll find the true strength to carry on! Here is a link on how to do that: http://www.licoc.org/Gospel/Gospel.htm

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Love, the best medicine:

Wow! This morning I woke up with crushing pain in my head (chronic migraines), neck pain (bad back), and complete exhaustion (hypohomocysteinemia) and thought, “Oh what a nasty day physically this will be”. However, my insides suggested differently as His Spirit reminded me to feel joy. Daddy God saw fit to raise me to life on this Day. So once again, today I choose joy. Now that doesn’t mean I don’t still feel like crap but it won’t rob me of my joy. What made things more complicated is that I have a ladies fellowship this evening at my home and poor hubby had to go off to work so very early. Thankfully, that OCD of mine (which is not always a blessing) kicked in high gear last night and so I cleaned from top to bottom and prepared everything in advance. Also, I am blessed to have very understanding, loving relationships in God’s kingdom, whom each show me tremendous support on my off days. So (by the grace of God) I’ll be fine.

I think my biggest concern this morning was more so hubby. He is an amazing man. We’ve been together for 16 years, married for 13 &1/2 (got to count the half ;-) ). He is such a source of strength and support for our family and I just long for the day he can get some rest. Like a double-edged sword I recognize the blessing and the training this time of testing is producing for both of our lives, but I also know the toil it takes on him to rise up at 3:30 most mornings only to return in the late evening and minister to us. I am learning to follow his example in his passionate trust of the Lord; I know that this two shall pass.

Ironically, or Spirit purposed, which ever way you want to look at it, Bible gateway’s scripture of the day derives from the same chapter of the bible that we are using to prepare for an upcoming Women’s day at Church. Therefore, I just decided to run with the correlation and make that my quiet time for the day. Good choice I must say (Luke 12)! It reminded me that all though it can be challenging being a single income family, battling a couple of financial ups and downs, we are so truly blessed in that our treasures are not stored in this world. Hubby and I have been poor in every sense of the word and we’ve lived in abundance, and we’ve lived in this place now, (getting by on God’s hands alone) but overall we’ve remained in love. Ah love! One of the greatest treasures you actually can carry over to Heaven. So though my heart might be a little sad and my body in a little pain, and his body a little tired, I rejoice that we are experiencing things together. Luke 13:34, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
God bless!

1 comment:

toksquaye said...

Thanks for sharing this with me Tash! I'm always learning from u. God's name is being glorified bcos of your determination to please Him through your trials. Love u sis.

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself....A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. -David Herbert Lawrence