Welcome!

Hi there,

Welcome to my blog. My hope is that a look into someone else's home might be able to encourage you not to feel so lonely inside your own. We are all connected. We would be even more connected if we thought outside the physical realm and allowed ourselves to be healed spiritually. That’s where you’ll find the true strength to carry on! Here is a link on how to do that: http://www.licoc.org/Gospel/Gospel.htm

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tah Tah for Now!

The past couple of weeks have been difficult. I’ve been in a lot of pain and because of that I’ve been feeling mostly funky, but thankfully we don’t get to Heaven because of our feelings. Christ set a loving example for us concerning Endurance. This is what we use despite how we're feeling to help us run the race to obtain the Spiritual goal of Heaven.

There is so much behind the word Endurance. My quite time this morning was a good opportunity to reflect on how much power lies in that word. I found some excellent definitions on Accurate and Reliable Dictionary’s website as I studied Romans 15 and Colossians 1…
Here are a few of those definitions:
-
The act of bearing or suffering; a continuing under pain or distress without resistance, (That’s so important/ letting go and letting God.) without being overcome; sufferance; patience. (...another key component to genuine endurance.)
- The
power to withstand hardship or stress; ex:"the marathon tests a runner’s endurance" (“Testing” that is something that as long as we lie in the flesh we will constantly undergo. We must be refined.)
-
A state of surviving, remaining alive (…Oh they're “Preaching to the choir" as the say, concerning this one; some days that is truly all I am trying to do all I can do…through God of course.)

I want to pull out some buzz words and phrases from the listing above: CONTINUING, WITHOUT RESISTANCE, WITHOUT BEING OVERCOME, POWER TO WITHSTAND,
SURVIVING, REMAINING ALIVE.

Endurance requires a fuel source for these things to happen. If that fuel source becomes depleted we must look to replace it or else will never finish the race. From a physical stand point, the free Encyclopedia, Wikipedia states various ways we become depleted, "The need for sleep, the buildup of non-recyclable waste chemicals, the depletion of convertible energy stores and other needed chemicals (e.g., water, sodium), physical injury, psychological failure, or attainment of the goal will bring the effort to an end." Therefore we need to rely on God, who provides an over abundant source of energy for us to utilize as we strive to attain the goal. We allow Him to accomplish victory in us when our endurance leads to Hope. Endurance is nothing without Hope. In fact the Father through his marvelous word often pairs the two together.
Romans 15:4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the scriptures we might have Hope. Romans15: 13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace, as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

So my hope is this, as long as breath flows through my body, I pray I will continue on this journey. I have two desires as I reach for that attainment. Both that require constant refueling. One: that I may always live for my Daddy God and two: that I will never allow the physical blockers to prematurely end my race. Instead, I pray I stop only at the attainment of the goal, my Sweet Home with God in Heaven. As a side note: Home School will be starting soon. I am excited about the New Year but I am sure that means I will rarely be on here. Nonetheless, I am going to hold myself to the commitment to write (whether it’s through blogging or just at home on paper, I will make time for this). In the meanwhile, if it takes some time to hear from me again, please know it has been an enjoyable experience sharing my internal dialogue with others. Romans 15:5-6 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God bless!

Pressing forward through Him,
T.J.

No comments:

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself....A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. -David Herbert Lawrence