Welcome!

Hi there,

Welcome to my blog. My hope is that a look into someone else's home might be able to encourage you not to feel so lonely inside your own. We are all connected. We would be even more connected if we thought outside the physical realm and allowed ourselves to be healed spiritually. That’s where you’ll find the true strength to carry on! Here is a link on how to do that: http://www.licoc.org/Gospel/Gospel.htm

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Love Boat, Something exciting for everyone

Instead of going to sleep last night, you know what I did? I went on a cruise boat and to a beautiful Island. Well, in my mind anyway. I stayed up late watching old episodes of “The Love Boat” and clips of “Fantasy Island”. It was great.

I don’t know where it’s written but there’s some handbook, somewhere., that says, when you are in your thirties you must have some sort of midlife crisis. (No matter the size and no matter if anybody knows, you just have to have it.) Thankfully mine is starting off small in diameter. It’s been manifesting itself in the form of a strong urge to watch all things 70’s on the computer.

I now even have Hubby involved with my madness, having him rent Wonder Woman on DVD for me any chance he gets. He was the one that lovingly broke the news to me that I wasn’t going to gain back time no matter how many episodes I watched…. Ouch! I appreciate his honesty but can’t I just relish the moment a little while longer, smile. It's not even that I really want to go back there, you just appreciate more how time stops for no man. That's why you have to live life fully. I’m partly being silly, but it’s been a fun summer checking out these older shows. We don't get much time watching the "tube" (showing my age again) when the Home School Year starts.


Perhaps I can write something more meaningful later in the week but for now let me just end by sharing a quick story. Daddy God is so sweet, so good, and so perfect. He got myself and two other sisters with health issues through a very encouraging week of service for VBS. The three of us had a blast together. Now you might wonder and I hope not, “Well what’s so grand about that?” it’s grand because He’s so powerful…a few days earlier one of those two Sisters and I were on the phone praying/crying because we were both in so much physical pain and He answered us. He wiped our eyes, put on our band-aids, and sent us off. My point is, don’t give up praying. He is listening no matter what, just remain in petition. 1 Samuel 1:15-17: I was pouring out my soul to the LORD…. I have been praying here out of my great anguish and grief…. Eli answered, "Go in peace, and may the God of Israel grant you what you have asked of him."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"come abroad their accepting you"... I appreciated that I have a tendency of reminiscencing myself. I need to always fight the good fight.

HANK

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself....A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. -David Herbert Lawrence